Is your workspace working for you? Research shows that your environment makes a huge impact on your mood. So, it may be time to give your space at the office a makeover in order to liven up things at work. The key is to add variety to your area so that you don’t get bored with the same surroundings and decor day after day. Here are few ideas for how you can change your office – or cubicle – décor to help motivate you, relieve stress and even improve your disposition. (Of course, you should always check with your supervisor before making any radical changes to your work area.)
- Clear the clutter: The first step to producing a pleasant cubicle space is to make it clean and organized. This will help you stay focused on your work, make things easier to find and make a good impression on both your boss and co-workers.
- Accessorize: Disposable desk accessories in fun colors and patterns will add instant pizzazz to your workspace. Also, personal items from home can also help you create ambience to your work area. Just be sure to not go overboard when bringing in personal items from home. Keep it small and understated.
- Add plants: Fresh flowers or a even fishbowl can add ambience and a sense of style and tranquility to your office space. Studies show that these kinds of things can also increase productivity.
- Add decoration to your boards: Add some trim or decoration to your whiteboard to give it a touch of your unique personality. This is one change that is subtle and that will probably not be disruptive to the work place.
- Add a splash of color: Color can liven up even the most sterile looking workspace. Colors inspire emotions in us so consider adding your favorite colors to some of the items on your desk. You can do so by making small changes such as adding color to your stationery, tape, and other supplies.
The average person spends 90,000 hours of their life at work. It just makes sense to have a workplace that makes you feel less stressed while you are there. Just be sure that the changes you do make take your co-workers into consideration. As the best staffing firm in NYC, we desire to see that all our employees are comfortable in their new environment. We are one of the top staffing firms in NYC and are here to help you reach your full potential.