5 Tips for Turning a Temp Job into a Permanent Position
According to the American Staffing Association, staffing companies hire almost 16 million Americans to work as temporary employees before hiring them into permanent positions. This way employers and contractors are able to see if they will be a good fit for each other. And while being a temp has some advantages, most contractors desire to become full time employees eventually. So the challenge becomes convincing employers that you will be an asset to the company as a full time hire. Although this can be a challenging feat, it is not an insurmountable one. These five tips can help you move from temp to perm and take charge of your career.
- Speak up: When you come to us seeking placement let us know that you desire to become a full time permanent employee of one of our Fortune 500 companies. This may sound like a no-brainer but it is actually not. Some contractors prefer temporary assignments that will not lead to full time permanent employment.
- Work like a permanent employee: Emulate the behavior of the company’s permanent employees. Make it known with your work ethic and interactions that you would make a great full time permanent employee.
- Network: Networking is always helpful in any job seeking endeavor. Get to know your co-workers and superiors in order to form connections that may help you later. Making yourself known throughout the organization may put your name in the minds of hiring managers when new hires are being considered.
- Learn as much as you can about the company and industry: You can increase your value as an employee by knowing all you can about your position, the company, and the industry. This way hiring managers will know that you will have a less steep learning curve than an outsider might have.
- Try to fit in with the company culture: All companies value and like team players. By making an effort to fit in and be accepted by team members and co-workers, you will be showing hiring managers that you are ready to make a positive contribution to the company.
As the top staffing firm in New York we work to ensure that both our employees (you) and our clients are best served through our efforts. We desire that all placements be perfect. Our executive assistant staffing company in New York carefully screens candidates with the same vigor that our clients do.
Like, Follow & Share Us...