5 In-Demand Skills You Should Have as an Executive Assistant in 2020
A successful executive assistant will go above and beyond to make sure that the company is headed in the right direction. Making sure that you possess skills and qualities that will aid the company and the executive for which you are working for is imperative. Continue reading to learn about the in-demand skills that a top executive assistant in 2020 should posses:
- The ability to remain calm under pressure: Not every day will seem as if there was a fire alarm going off but some will definitely feel that way. As an executive assistant, you must be able to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines, changing instructions, difficult co-workers, etc. Possessing this skill will help you to achieve more and will make you an invaluable asset.
- Resourcefulness and adaptability: A great executive assistant must be able to practice sound judgment. They should know when to take action and how to resolve difficult challenges as they arise. Being able to use the resources around you and being able to find new ones quickly are a great way to stay on track.
- Tech savvy: Top executive assistants should be skilled in using all sorts of technologies. This strong handle on technology is needed since the role of an executive assailant has evolved over the years. Thus,being proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, Word, etc will only help you and the company succeed.
- Strategic multi-tasking: Multitasking is an essential skill that all executive assistants must possess. The trick is to pair simple tasks together and to know that certain tasks have priorities over others. Moreover, when you multi-task you should be able to give all tasks you are performing your undivided attention.
- Top-notch communication skills: Executive assistants should not only have basic communication skills, they should have expert level communication skills. Having these skills allows them to properly understand how to convey ideas.
Types of Tasks that an Executive Assistant May Perform
Executive assistants tend to perform several high level tasks and duties. These tasks include:
Managing the executive’s schedule
Representing the executive in calls and meetings when the executive is unavailable
Preparing and reviewing documents
Handling confidential information
Producing reports and presentations
Keeping an eye on staff members, including administrative assistants.
The year 2020 has been a difficult year for most people. This is especially true for job seekers. However, professionals who acquire or who already possess the above skills are in a strong position when it comes to obtaining a new job. As the best staffing company in New York we match people like you with well respected clients. If you have tried other staffing firms in NYC and then try ours you will see why we are superior.
Like, Follow & Share Us...